Translation of documents

  • Translations of identifying documents (i.e., passport) and FEQ documents can be translated into Russian in Russia or in the applicant’s country of residence/host country.

  • All translations must be certified:

    • If the host country or country of residence has a treatise on legal assistance with the Russian Federation* and the translation was made in that host country/country of residence, then the translation must be notarized there or in the territory of the Russian Federation;
    • If the host country or country of residence does not have a legal assistance agreement with the Russian Federation and the translation is made in the territory of the country of residence/host country, a stamp from the consular department of the Embassy / Consulate of the Russian Federation must be obtained and affixed to the translation.

    *The Russian Federation has treaties on legal assistance with the following states: The Republic of Azerbaijan, the Republic of Armenia, the Republic of Belarus, Georgia, the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Kyrgyz Republic, the Republic of Moldova, Turkmenistan, the Republic of Tajikistan, the Republic of Uzbekistan, Ukraine.

    Importanat: to certify the translation, a notary must use the Russian language, therefore we recommend you make all translations at the embassy / consulate of the Russian Federation. Please note that upon arrival, some departments of the Ministry of Internal Affairs may require the translation of passport made in the territory of the Russian Federation.

  • Translations of identifying documents (passport) and foreign education documentation that have been executed in the territory of the Russian Federation must be notarized by an authorized individual (notary). The translation is affixed to the original document, copy, or notarized copy of the document.

  • The applicant can do an online translation for the initial assessment and upload these documents to the personal account in cases where, for objective reasons, it is impossible to perform an officially notarized translation in the country. At the same time, you must have the original documents with an officially notarized translation for enrolment.

  • You can order notarized online translations by contacting the following agency Translate2U.

  • Download the checklist about translation of your documents