Criteria for competitive selection of applicants to Bachelor’s and Master’s Programmes at HSE University
Decisions of the competitive selection of applicants to Bachelor’s and Master’s programmes at HSE University shall be based on the results of reviewing documents submitted by applicants to the Rossotrudnichestvo* office.
*Applicants to the Bachelor’s programmes “Applied Mathematics and Informatics” and “Software Engineering” at HSE University must provide information about outcomes of their participation in the national and international Olympiad competitions in Mathematics and Informatics.
* Applicants intending to study under the Bachelor’s programme “Design” (both in Moscow and St. Petersburg) must successfully complete a creative entrance examination at HSE University. Please make sure to upload your creative project, prepared as per established Procedures, in your personal account starting from November 1, 2023.
* No quota for admission to study under the Bachelor’s programme “Advertising and Public Relations” shall be provided by Rossotrudnichestvo at HSE University.
Applications submitted under the quota of Rossotrudnichestvo shall be submitted for review at HSE University not earlier than in May 2024.
At the applicant’s request, HSE University can issue a recommendation letter for admission to study under Master’s and doctoral programmes.
To obtain a recommendation letter, applicants to the Master’s programmes must:
- prepare their documents as per the criteria established for the portfolio of their degree programme at HSE University; the criteria for all degree programmes can be found on the University’s website at: https://admissions.hse.ru/en/graduate-apply/portfolio/;
- register personal account https://asav.hse.ru/applyma.html#signin;
- submit documents for portfolio in personal account;
- send a request for a recommendation letter to: email@example.com.
Please specify the following details in the subject: “A recommendation letter for taking part in the competition under the RS quota”, "Programme name".
The following information must be provided in the letter:
- your last name and first name;
- registration number of foreign applicant from personal account;
- application number in the following format ААА-00000/24;
- field of study as per your application (i.e., 38.04.05 Business Informatics);
- name of the degree programme, to which you are willing to apply. The list of programmes is available here.
To obtain a recommendation letter, applicants to the doctoral programmes must submit a request to the Office of Doctoral Studies at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recommendation letters cannot be issued to applicants to Bachelor’s programmes.
A recommendation letter will be issued within 7-14 calendar days.
Requests for the issue of recommendation letters shall be accepted up to November 20, 2023 (inclusive).