Since 2015, HSE’s International Preparatory Programmes train international students with little or no knowledge of Russian before they begin Russian-taught full-degree programmes. Upon completing Preparatory Programme, students are expected to possess intermediate-level language skills (CEFR level B1, TRKI level 1) and be ready to enter the Russian-taught full-degree programs at HSE and other Russian universities.
HSE International Preparatory programmes are your chance to acquire language skills for admission to HSE or another Russian university and to complete a general preparatory course in thematic disciplines: mathematics, physics, computer science, literature, history, social studies.
All international students enrolled in the HSE International Preparatory Programmes are guaranteed a place in one of the HSE student dormitories. Discover study opportunities at HSE University and join the brightest student community!
After completing HSE's Preparatory programme, students take exams in Russian and study area subjects. Those who pass their exams successfully receive an HSE Preparatory Programme certificate of completion. Moreover, graduates of the programmes are eligible for a 50% scholarship on further tuition-paid Bachelor's or Master's programmes.
Applying for the Preparatory Programmes
2. And apply online (You will be required to upload scans of your passport, photograph and diploma/degree)
Applications are processed on a rolling basis and can be submitted at any time. Regular application deadlines:
- Basic course deadline is July 31.
- Intensive course deadline is November 15.
- English Preparatory Programme in Economics deadline is November 30.
3. Undergo Competitive Selection Your application will be reviewed for eligibility and entry requirements within 2 weeks.
4. Get an Invitation and apply for a Student Visa Please note: Visa invitations can be requested only 90 days prior to the beginning of the programme.
5. Welcome to HSE!
Cost of Attendance
- Basic Russian language course (October 2019 – August 2020, 2 semesters): 174,000 rubles
- Intensive Russian language course (February 2020 – August 2020, 1 semester): 96,400 rubles
- English Preparatory Programme in Economics (February – August 2020): 150,000 rubles
For more information please visit the International Preparatory Programmes webpage.
If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.