Am I international?
HSE University considers any student who is not a citizen or permanent resident of the Russian Federation to be an international applicant, regardless of where they live or attend school. To enrol in the university, you must have a government-issued non-Russian passport.
When and how to apply?
Applications may be submitted online free of charge. You may choose up to two Bachelor’s programmes on different campuses.
You must take the entrance exams online by August 20, 2021.
Entrance qualifying events – online
Qualifying events might be held online. We recommend that you book your slot for entrance online exams as soon as possible after registering in your personal account.
Take a MOCK test from home!
Choose up to 2 programmes
Once the entrance qualifying events take place and you pass them successfully, check the acceptance status in your personal account. Confirm your wish to study at HSE University in your online account and wait for an email from the HSE Admissions Team
Don’t know which programme is your best fit? Check it out now!
There is a wide range of grants and scholarship opportunities for international applicants:
- Scholarships and grants based on entrance examination results
- Scholarships and grants based on the results of a student’s completion of additional educational programmes provided by HSE University’s International PrepYear
- Scholarships and grants based on the results of participation in Olympiads held by HSE University
- Scholarships and grants offered to graduates of HSE University’s partner schools
- Early conclusion and payment of the tuition fee agreement no later than June 1, 2021
Entrance exam performance-based scholarships cover the following tuition cost amounts, depending on an applicant's exam score:
- 70% of the tuition fee for the given degree programme, as set for the current academic year – for international applicants earning a score of 170 or higher on the entrance exams
- 50% of the tuition fee for the given degree programme, as set for the current academic year – for scores of 150 - 169 points
- 25% of the tuition fee for the given degree programme, as set for the current academic year – for scores of 140 - 149 points
Calculate your scholarship